Tuesday, February 3, 2009

If you like it than you should have put a ring on it

My title has nothing to do with my post. I've just had Beyonce stuck in my head all day. "Single Ladies" and that one diva song, it's probably titled "Diva". Who knows?


My go to remedy for restlessness has always been to turn off the lights, get under my covers, and watch Marie Antoinette on my laptop. It quickly became one of my favorite films of all time after I saw it the week it came out in theaters with my mom. We both love Sophia Coppola, and the 80's music quickly drew me in. While I have seen many, many collages, articles, editorials inspired by Marie Antoinette, I threw together this one in the past 10 minutes.

The portrait of the Queen of France herself is also on the cover of a book I have yet to finish, but purchased back in 2007. The deserts are Japanese, and I would much rather stare at them, imagining their delicate, sugary taste than actually consume them. Adam Ant is like a cross between 18th century France and a pirate. Loves it! If I owned those shoes I would try to incorporate them into my daily ensembles even though they match just about nothing I own. And I bought some of that jasmine flowering tea a few weeks back. The taste is nothing to brag about, but it was quite fun to watch bloom. I added the Miss Dior Cherie bottled because the new ad campaign was designed and shoot by Sophia Coppola. Double loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment